We tend to forget that happiness doesn’t come as a result of getting something we don’t have, but rather of recognising and appreciating what we do have.
Tag Archives: Appreciation
Value your time
If you don’t value your time, neither will others. Stop giving away your time and talents–start charging for it.
One day it just clicks
One day it just clicks. You realize what’s truly important to you. You care less about what other people think of you. You acknowledge and appreciate how far you’ve come. And you smile.
Live by your words
As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.
John F. Kennedy
Enjoy what you’ve got
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remeber that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.
Value the moment
We must not allow the clock and the calendar to blind us to the fact that each moment of life is a miracle and mystery.
H. G. Wells
I really like this one!
In our busy lifes we tend to forget to pause every once in a while and just embrace the moment. Embrace fresh air, a beautiful sky, the people around you, a cup of tea, or whatever it is. Embrace your work, embrace your pain, because it makes you feel alive, embrace whatever emotion you are feeling right now.
Take the time to feel alive every once in a while!
Formula for success
And here goes again, another formula for success:
Success has a simple formula: Do your best, and people may like it.
Merry christmas, fellow motivationdaily-readers!
I want to make good use of your christmas spirit and motivate all of you to be thankful for what you have in life.
There is always something to be thankful for and today is a good time to be reminded of that fact!
- Be thankful for the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means you have enough to eat.
- Be thankful for the mess you clean up after a party, because it means you’ve been surrounded by friends.
- Be thankful for the taxes that you pay, because it means you’re employed.
- Be thankful that you lawn needs mowing and windows need fixing, because it means you have a home.
- Be thankful for your heating bills, because it means you are warm.
- Be thankful for the laundry, because it means you have clothes to wear.
- Be thankful for the space you find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means you can walk.
- Be thankful for the lady who sings off-key behind you in church, because it means you can hear.
- Be thankful when people complain about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.
- Be thankful for the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means you’re alive and have something to do!
Also: Let this be a reminder of the fact that it is always about perspective! How you view certain situations and how you react to them is way, way more important than what is actually happening! Always bear that in mind and keep your positivity!
It’s not about having it all
Be thankful for what you have, you’ll end up having more.
You are not rich if you have it all, you are rich if you are satisfied with what you have. This is especially true in our modern society in which it is normal for people to have big tvs and drive nice cars.
Appreciate what you’ve got and you would not need to chase so much stuff you don’t need.